Sunday, August 16, 2009


It doesn’t matter how big or small your kitchen is, the way to Conscious Health is through your Kitchen. And why am I putting so much emphasis on the kitchen? (Besides the fact I am Italian and food is all we think about)
Realize that 85% of our health comes from what we put or don’t put in our mouth. Every nutritionist and body builder will confirm the statement to be 100% true.
It is imperative you control what you eat everyday. It is important you also choice health ingredients but also infuse the positive energy you require to flourish. Anyone can just subsist; they are using the drive-in window at McDonald’s. To live and grow in every sense needs positive energy and nourishing food.

Please let those two statements sit and resonate (marinate) in your consciousness. Once you truly understand.. And not only understand but truly take this as part of your being from here forward, will you truly find Healthy Living. There are no substitutes; you are responsible to provide yourself with what you truly need.

My kitchen is small but clean, with minimal space for storage so I keep it simple.
I have minimal Process Food items which means no cookies, crackers, cans of creamed something. The only thing you can find is a few bags of pasta and an occasional loaf of multi-grain bread or pita.

My Cabinets:
I have beans, rice, grains, nuts, olives, tomatoes sauces, a few bags of pasta, cans of tuna and spices. In another cabinet I have Oils and Vinegars, assorted with several varieties.

My refrigerator:
Juice, eggs, butter, natural plain yogurt, feta goat cheese, condiments (no sugars, starches, preservatives) and that is the same everything in my refrigerator.

Vegetable bin: Spinach, carrots, broccoli, beets, assorted salad and or bok choy or corn on the cob, asparagus, and green beans. You can buy any vegetables you like and familiar with.

It’s 6pm, I return home from work with no meal plan:
I open my refrigerator, what to do, what to have?

Salad with items I have in my refrigerator and/or my cabinets.

Spinach, beets, beans, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, feta cheese, olives, nuts and berries with a little dressing.

If you have to push it a little (add more people) prepare a ½ pound of pasta. You can add tuna, grilled chicken (which takes only minutes to cook) or other protein to the mix. You can eat this meal a few nights a week and not get tired of it, just change a few of the ingredients. Or stir-fry the ingredients with butter; try not to heat up any with anything else. I use Oils cold (cold pressed) for my salads, dressings, preparing sauces, hummus and other condiments (Spanish Olive Oil is the best)

Other nights I stop for a piece of fish on the way home (substitute what ever protein you prefer) Maybe prepare rice and a steamed vegetable. There are so many different variations of the same, clean, healthy meal you can prepare under 30 minutes.
It’s as long as it would take you to find a parking spot near a restaurant, get seated and order your meal, You would be eating just about the same time and it would cost you a fraction.

When I stopped at the fish store I order more then enough, that means the leftovers are lunch the next day or dinner. If you are in the habit of preparing small, healthy meals, you will always have something available in your refrigerator.

I try not to eat after 7pm. Not to say I would ever turn down dinner invitations at 8pm, but that’s not my everyday routine. However if I eat a meal at 3pm, I might be a little hungry at 8. I put together a little hummus, olives, pita bread, cheese and almonds. Perfect for a late-night snack and again, we are not looking for a ‘full’ feeling. Just enough food to silence the growling stomach.

Around an ‘outdoor’ concrete and tile table you will find fruit and vegetables ripening. Flowers and plants on the side, this is all about energy. When you have nature surrounding you, you are at peace; this is positive energy manifestation by you and your Conscious self. Wake up! These are the feelings you originally were devoted to. I promise you; manifesting positive energy will easily replace the addictions we are in conflict with. Use food to heal and nourish you, I promise your relationship with it will change.

“When you change the way you look at things - the things you look at change.”
Expect a miracle

No comments:

Post a Comment